Body & assembly
Henkel’s depth of complete solutions for automotive body and assembly applications make vehicles quieter and longer-lasting, while providing additional comfort, strength and safety.
Henkel delivers a more durable, attractive vehicle while providing greater manufacturing efficiency. Henkel’s expertise and products help ensure outstanding quality throughout body-in-white, body shop, paint line and assembly applications. These automotive technologies ensure vehicles not only look great in the showroom, but also stand up to the rigors of everyday driving.
As a result, engineers at leading OEMs, systems integrators and tiered suppliers trust Henkel to provide custom solutions for today’s vehicles. Henkel’s innovative solutions make vehicles quieter and longer-lasting, while providing additional comfort, strength and safety.
Typical solutions for Automotive Body & Assembly
Surface Treatments & Coating
- Metal pretreatments for corrosion protection and paint adhesion
- Surface treatments for precoated steel body panels
- Acrylics and waxes for cavity, underbody and transport protection
- Anti-chip coating for underbody and rocker panel
Adhesives & Sealants
- Adhesives for bonding to low surface energy substrates
- Adhesives for hemflange and anti-flutter applications
- Glazing adhesives for glass and polycarbonate bonding
- Sealants and sealing tapes for seams and joints in the body or paint shop
- Structural adhesives for body bonding
- Liquid-applied sound deadeners
- Lubricants for body panel stamping, hydroform frame rails and exhaust components
Patrs and Foams
- Structural parts and foams for reinforcement and NVH protection improvement
- Acoustic parts for cavity sound blocking and isolation and dampening
View Body & assembly Products